Features and Inclusions:
• UL rated and approved
• 3-Hour fire rated
• ANSI/BHMA A156.3 Series Grade 1 Certified.
• Can be used doors width of maximum 36 inch
• Rim type, simple surface mounting
• Can be used right or left-handed
• Furnished standard with wood and machine screws
Where to use this panic exit bar:
• To be used with fire doors. Fire doors keep shut during fires to prevent the spread of fire or smoke between buildings
• Fire-rated glass doors with a stile (metal frame) of at least 4 1/4"
• Steel, wood, and composite solid face doors
• Doors with a maximum width of 36" - can be field sized to fit 30"
• (If purchasing outside handle) Doors with a maximum thickness of 1 3/4"
• Any door usage frequency
• Single doors, dual doors with mullion
Where not to use this panic exit bar:
• Cannot release a magnetic door lock, if the door is held locked by a magnetic lock do not use this panic bar
• Non fire doors
The PB1100 Fire Rated Panic Exit Bar by LockeyUSA meets a 3-hour fire resistance test to assure its performance in a variety of situations. The PB1100-FR series also meets the ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 Panic Exit Hardware high-quality standards. This means that this model meets precisely defined criteria concerning performance characteristics, physical properties, test values, safety criteria, etc. Product grades are defined according to performance in each ANSI/BHMA standard, with Grade 1 being the highest grade. So, not only does this series meet high safety standards, it also meets high-quality standards, ensuring that the device will function properly time after time.Changing from right to left-hand mounting:
There is no top or bottom to this panic exit bar. If the bar is rotated 180 degrees the latch will then face the other way for right or left-hand mounting.Latching and mounting:
This panic bar is surface mounted. The panic bar will be placed on the rear face of the door. The strike goes on the door frame behind the door, not on the inside of the frame where you may have previously had a handle. If the door has a handle that will need to be removed. Caps are available for the hole left behind after the handle is removed. Door jamb brackets are also available to cover where the old handle latched to the frame. Mounting bolts are provided however depending on the material of the door you may switch to the same diameter in wood screws, self-tapping metal screws, or for added strength - sex bolts. (Sex bolts have a female side on the outside of the door and a male side on the inside of the door and then they join in the middle of the door. Since both faces of the door are used for securing the bar it makes for a secure hold.)
Optional products associated with this bar (purchased separately):
Door Closer. There are a couple of variations of door closers with a few different features however the main purpose is the same; to make sure the door stays closed. Because this door will always latch to the strike this is a popular addition to ensure the door stays closed and locked.
Keyless Panic Trims and other Trims. If you need access from outside you must buy one of these accessories or the door will only be able to be opened from the inside using the panic bar. PanicExitPro offers LockeyUSA keyless locks, which take the place of the keyed cylinder and is most commonly used on panic devices. Lockey also has a variety of simple to install trims.
Manual: PB1100 installation instruction
QB ID: PB1100-FR