This is an electric mechanical anti-crush swing door opening and closing device convenient for hands free, disabled, and handicap access.
FAAC's automatic door has revolutionized the market. The FAAC 950 is offered in four models:
- DM-BM: Door Mounted unit with a sliding arm that attaches to the frame. Motorized in the opening direction and spring loaded in the closing direction.
- DM-BSM: Door Mounted unit with a sliding arm that attaches to the frame. Motorized in both the opening and closing directions.
- FM-BM: Frame Mounted unit with a articulating arm that attaches to the door. Motorized in the opening direction and spring loaded in the closing direction.
- FM-BSM: Frame Mounted unit with a articulating arm that attaches to the door. Motorized in both the opening and closing directions.
Technical Specs. 950 BM - 950 BSM
- Power Supply 230 Vac (+6% - 10%) 50 (60) Hz
- Absorbed Power 100 W
- Use Frequency: Continuous
- Drive Unit 24Vdc Motor With Encoder
- Activation Electro-Mechanical with Return Spring
- Anti-Crush Device Standard
- Dimensions 21 x 4 x 4-1/8 in. (WxHxD)
- Weight 22 lbs
- Opening Angle 70 degrees – 95 degrees
- Opening Speed Adjustable from 30% to 100%
- Closing Speed Adjustable from 30% to 100%
- Pause Time Adjustable 1 to 30 seconds
- Standard Operating Logics Automatic-Manual-Open
- Available Pushing Arms: Articulated Thrust, Articulated Pull On Slide
- 950 I/O Control Board
- 950 MPS Control Board
- Positioning encoder
- Either a door mount or frame mount arm
- Two drive shaft extending spacers: 30mm and 60mm
FAAC is an Italian company recognized for its innovative and aesthetic designs. It is one of the first automated opener designers to use microprocessors and other advanced technological applications. Additionally, it meets or exceeds European safety requirements, as well as UL standards in the U.S. FAAC is also ISO-9001 certified, so consumers can be assured of the highest safety and quality products.
The 950 is operable both motorized and manually, and because of FAAC's attention to aesthetics, it is nearly silent in either mode. The electro-mechanical system, with direct current motor and activation arm, works smoothly and quietly to minimize operating noise level.
Because of the two electronic boards—950 MPS (control board) and 950 I/O (input/output board), intelligence control is assured. The microprocessor provides real time control of all the door's activities, and an encoder detects the door's angle at all times; in other words, the encoder can determine if the door is open, and how much. The customer can select operation preferences (automatic, manual, night, open) with a selector built into the automated system.
The innovative and advanced design of this product, and the qualifications of the manufacturer, makes the 950 Door Closer sturdy, reliable, and, above all, safe. In compliance with current safety regulations, speed and force are programmed according to the door’s dimensions (see table below). If the door meets an obstacle, it re-opens immediately and, when it closes the next time, it verifies clearance of the obstacle at a slow speed.
The FAAC Motorized Automatic Door Closer is UL approved. The closer also meets ADA standards. The Americans with Disabilities Act relates to the U.S. governments requirements which work to enhance the mobility and accessibility for disabled individuals.
PanicExitPro.com offers more expert access control assistance than anyone. We have carefully selected entry control devices for all scenarios so you can put together a kit that is not only cost-effective but has all the components, and only the components that you need. Don't overspend buying a system with controls you won't use or compromise functionality forgoing components you need but are not part of other retailers' pre-designated kits. If you need help deciding if this access control device is part of the right solution for your business we have live application specialists available 9 am - 9 pm EST 7 days a week or send us an email 24/7 and we will gladly assist.
PanicExitPro.com has actual experience. We have a testing area, we have factory and internal training courses, we have installed this equipment on our properties, we attended industry trade shows in multiple countries, and we pay visits to our chosen manufacturers' factories. All these factors are what lead to us having so many exclusive additions. When you see and use as many products as we have you tend to have many ideas for minor changes that have major impacts. We acted on these ideas and have utilized them to help thousands of customers create entry control solutions that work for their unique applications.
PanicExitPro.com makes a pro of the small business owner. We specialize in DIY installation because we know that as a small business owner every penny saved helps. We have developed customized instructions, videos and offer a full spectrum of accessories to truly cover all aspects of the installation of your entry system. Also, we have the largest staff of factory-trained technicians in the US.
PanicExitPro.com has the resources you need. How do you use your entry system once you get it? PanicExitPro.com is the only retailer to give a real answer to this question. We have developed videos for understanding many of our door entry components and products and write DIY focused manuals for most entry system accessories.
Manual: automatic door closer faac
QB ID: DM-BM