Where to use this panic exit bar:
• Glass doors with a stile (metal frame) with a 4 1/4" minimum
• Steel, wood, and composite solid face doors, where there is no projection on the face
• Doors with a maximum width of 36" - can be field sized to fit 30"
• Doors that require UL rating.
• Doors with a maximum thickness of 1 3/4"
• Any door usage frequency
• Doors with a max height of 7 feet tall (standard) or 8 foot tall (with additional rod sold separately)
• Single Doors, dual doors with mullions.
• Doors that need a secure method of dogging
Where not to use this panic exit bar:
• Not UL certified, don't use if UL certification is needed for inspection. Click here
for UL rated bars
• Not fire rated, not to be used on a fire break. Click here
for a fire-rated bar
• Cannot release a magnetic door lock, if the door is held locked by a magnetic lock do not use this panic bar. Click here
for a micro switch    panic bar
Features and Inclusions:
• Rim type, simple surface mounting
• Includes steel strike for the door frame
• Can be used right or left-handed
• Purchase models separately for right or left hand mounting and/or with 36" or 48" push bar length
• Available in satin aluminum and stainless steel finish. Accepts all key trim cylinders. Rim cylinder is not included
Trimming the panic bar to size:
The actual bar that goes between the two handles is provided ready for sizing. To shorten the bar simply cut it with a hack saw or miter saw to the length needed. Drill a 3/16 hole in the bar for the set screw and attach it to the handles.Changing from right to left hand mounting:
There is no top or bottom to this panic exit bar. If the bar is rotated 180 degrees the latch will then face the other way for right or left-hand mounting.Latching and mounting:
This panic bar is surface mounted. The panic bar will be placed on the rear face of the door. The strike goes on the door frame behind the door, not on the inside of the frame where you may have previously had a handle. If the door has a handle that will need to be removed. Caps are available for the hole left behind after the handle is removed. Door jamb brackets are also available to cover where the old handle latched to the frame. Mounting bolts are provided however depending on the material of the door you may switch to the same diameter in wood screws, self-tapping metal screws, or for added strength - sex bolts. (Sex bolts have a female side on the outside of the door and a male side on the inside of the door and then they join in the middle of the door. Since both faces of the door are used for securing the bar it makes for a secure hold.)
Optional products associated with this bar (purchased separately):
Gate Boxes. Use a gate box for gate applications. Gate boxes are designed to house Lockey keyless entry locks and can be mounted on both new and existing gate configurations. Available in both aluminum and steel, LockeyUSA offers a compatible gate box for most of their mechanical keyless entry systems.
Door Closer. There are a couple of variations of door closers with a few different features however the main purpose is the same; to make sure the door stays closed. Because this door will always latch to the strike this is a popular addition to ensure the door stays closed and locked.
Keyless Panic Trims and other Trims. If you need access from outside you must buy one of these accessories or the door will only be able to be opened from the inside using the panic bar. PanicExitPro offers LockeyUSA keyless locks, which take the place of the keyed cylinder and is most commonly used on panic devices. Lockey also has a variety of simple to install trims.
Manual: PB1100 Manual
Manual: PB1100 Spec Sheet
QB ID: PB1100-AL